Latest Tweets:

*2
This was my final project for computer illustration. These were some little doodles I did. They were based off of “creepy and cute”. I might turn these into stickers just because I enjoyed doing them so much!

This was my final project for computer illustration. These were some little doodles I did. They were based off of “creepy and cute”. I might turn these into stickers just because I enjoyed doing them so much!

*3

Oil landscapes. The first was my attempt at a panorama, it took a lot more time than I anticipated, as this was about 30” wide.

The second was painted at sunset and done in a single 2 hour sitting.

The third was my first landscape ever!

*2

Colour studies in oil paint! Oil and I have not got on so far, but I have improved so much this semester. Though, I am thankful that I should not have to use oils again!

*2

So I finished my first semester of figure class. I know I learned a lot, but it is hard still being two semesters behind everyone in my class. My plan for the summer is to practice practice practice!

*1
An editorial piece I did for illustration based upon an article about Sprinkles cupcakes putting in a cupcake ATM outside of their bakery.

An editorial piece I did for illustration based upon an article about Sprinkles cupcakes putting in a cupcake ATM outside of their bakery.

(Source: tea-art-and-crumpets)

*2
clash-of-colour:

Have some creepy cute doodles whilst I’m meant to be doing homework… #art #doodles

clash-of-colour:

Have some creepy cute doodles whilst I’m meant to be doing homework… #art #doodles

This was the outcome of my first ever real digital painting! Although I’d played around with photoshop painting before I’d never fully committed to it, and so this was what mine turned out like. Because the piece wasn’t graded my teacher kind of discouraged us from spending too much time on it and only gave us a week to complete. However, I was impressed with the outcome of the buildings and how much I learned just by playing around.

This was the outcome of my first ever real digital painting! Although I’d played around with photoshop painting before I’d never fully committed to it, and so this was what mine turned out like. Because the piece wasn’t graded my teacher kind of discouraged us from spending too much time on it and only gave us a week to complete. However, I was impressed with the outcome of the buildings and how much I learned just by playing around.

*1
Idiom project for illustration.
We had to pick an idiom and do an illustration based upon this. I chose “something smells fishy”. The details on the piece aren’t completely finished, I focused too much on the characteristics of the fish and let the background slip. However, I didn’t mind too much due to how much I fell in love with these characters.

Idiom project for illustration.

We had to pick an idiom and do an illustration based upon this. I chose “something smells fishy”. The details on the piece aren’t completely finished, I focused too much on the characteristics of the fish and let the background slip. However, I didn’t mind too much due to how much I fell in love with these characters.

Quick portrait done in class.
This was an off-day in figure and I just was not with it that day.

Quick portrait done in class.

This was an off-day in figure and I just was not with it that day.

*2
A better photo of my Darwin’s misfits piece.
Done in ink and watercolour

A better photo of my Darwin’s misfits piece.

Done in ink and watercolour

*1
This was our first project for computer illustration. We had to choose from certain categories and I chose a spot: Quidditch! We were just getting the hang of Adobe Illustrator, and I’m still getting a handle on colour, having never taken a colour theory class, but I’m getting there!

This was our first project for computer illustration. We had to choose from certain categories and I chose a spot: Quidditch! We were just getting the hang of Adobe Illustrator, and I’m still getting a handle on colour, having never taken a colour theory class, but I’m getting there!

*3

Our second illustration assignment! We had to create wine labels that appeared to be from the same vineyard and therefore had a running theme. I decided to go with a simple, graphical style as I’d just began to use illustrator and wanted to use that in this project